Ungrouping shots in Resolve Lite 9 (Beta)

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author
Reinis

Ungrouping shots in Resolve Lite 9 (Beta)

PostWed Aug 22, 2012 6:53 am

Hi, I'm rather new to Resolve, but I've recently started using Resolve Lite 8 and now downloaded 9 Lite and so far I'm really impressed with it. I have a question though.

1) Is it possible to set Resolve NOT to automatically group shots that it thinks need to be grouped? I have had a few instances where Resolve would, for some odd reason, group random shots in the timeline, because it thinks they are the same shot cut up of different segments. Sometimes it would just group shots that might look similar, but aren't. Other times, I do have the same shot appearing several times on one timeline, but I need different grades for each. How do I stop Resolve from automatically grouping?

Thanks!

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Ungrouping shots in Resolve Lite 9 (Beta)

PostWed Aug 22, 2012 7:14 am

If your shots are from the same source clip Resolve will always link the clips.
You can define source clips by both timecode and reel name to make it clearer that shots are from a different a source. See the user manual section on reel names.
If you need to make separate grades for shots that Resolve sees as from the same source you can make a new version. Rt click on the thumbnail in the color page.

Peter

Return to Post Production