HDMI TO SDI 4K Converter "Dual-link" output Problem

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Taehwan IM

HDMI TO SDI 4K Converter "Dual-link" output Problem

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 3:47 am

I bought “BMD HDMI to SDI 4K converter” but have a big problem.
When I connect with my Sony broadcasting monitor,
I can see the 1080/60I but 1080/60p is not available.
I already get rid of HDCP, So please don’t tell me the problem is HDCP thing. (or EDID problem)

My monitor is SONY BVM-F24U.
BVM-F24U Compatible Input Format
1080/60 interlace input Signal
Single Link (4:2:2) type signal : conforming to SMPTE 274M / 292M
Dual Link (4:4:4) type signal : conforming to SMPTE 274M
1080/60 progressive input Signal
1080/60P (4:2:2) signal inputs are available in dual link HD-SDI mode, which uses two HD-SDI connections with loop-through.
SMPTE372M standard is essentially known as dual-link HD-SDI.

And For understanding,
Within this standard there are three formats known as Level A, Level B Dual Link(B-DL) and Level B Dual Stream (B-DS).
The Level A format is the direct mapping of uncompressed 1080p (up to 60 fps) video into a serial digital interface at the nominal 3Gbit/s.
The Level B Dual Link(B-DL) format is the mapping of dual-link HD-SDI/SMPTE372M(i.e.1080p up to 60fps) in a single serial digital interface at the nominal 3Gbit/s.
The Level B Dual Stream (B-DS) format is the dual-stream carriage of two independent HD-SDI/SMPTE292M signals (720p up to 60 fps or 1080i/1080p up to 30 fps) in a single serial digital interface at the nominal 3 Gbit/s.

Q1. I heard “BMD HDMI to SDI 4K” only support Level B format.
Is that Dual Stream (B-DS)? not Dual LINK(B-DL) ?
What about the Level B Dual Link (B-DL) format ? Is this available?

Q2. From Q1 If “BMD HDMI to SDI 4K” can not support Dual link, is the reason why my monitor don’t response to 1080/60P using BMD Converter?

Q3. When the source signal is 1080/60p,
What kind of SDI signal is outputting from “BMD HDMISDI Converter” ?
Is it Level B (2 x SMPTE 292M HD-SDI) for 1080p format ?

Q4. From Q3 I want to buy “BMD SDI Multiplex 4K” more to change the SDI signal again
and insert DUAL LINK SIGNAL to my monitor.
The Connection is “HDMI SOURCE EQIP.” (1080/60p) --- “BMD HDMI to SDI 4K” (2 x SMPTEM292M) --- “BMD SDI Multiplex 4K” (SMPTE372M) --- TO Sony Monitor. (Dual-Link)
I think BMD SDI Multiplex 4K Can support Dual LINK output, so it can convert SDI signal from HDMISDI Converter to insert DUAL LINK SIGNAL (SMPTE372M) to my monitor.
Do you think it is available ?

Please help me.
Thank you.

Best Regards
lTH

Return to Post Production