Premiere CS5 and Decklink Mini Monitor

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Themis Gyparis

Premiere CS5 and Decklink Mini Monitor

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 4:40 pm

Hello everyone

I have a workstation that hosts both Adobe Premiere CS5 (not 5.5) and CC 2014.1. I know for a fact that the Decklink Mini Monitor output card works with the newest version of Premiere but I'd be interested to know whether it also works with CS5. Any input would be very useful. Also please feel free to report any known issues with the latest version of Adobe's software. Thanks.

Philippe Frossard

Re: Premiere CS5 and Decklink Mini Monitor

PostWed Aug 23, 2017 12:13 pm

I'm also interested in this subjetct. Does BMD Decklink Mini Monitor 4k works with older version of Adobe Premiere as I work with Premiere CS5 ?

Andrew Kolakowski

PostFri Aug 25, 2017 5:15 pm

Well, this can be tricky and not easy to answer without a test.
Older cards (with older drivers) definitely work in older Premiere.
Problem is that Mini Monitor 4K is a new card and requires fairly new drivers (I think oldest version will be still much newer than CS5, no?), so it may not work.

Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Aug 29, 2017 6:37 pm

Andrew's pretty spot on. The DeckLink Mini Monitor (non-4K) was released with support added in Desktop Video 9.7.3. This version of Desktop Video included Premiere CS6 support. I don't know, but am doubtful, that the plugin structure for CS5 would have been bundled in that driver. Similarly, The DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K began its support with Desktop Video 10.8. This driver version included support for CC 2014 and CC 2015.

So officially, no, the DeckLink Mini Monitor and DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K would not be a supported hardware option for CS5. The DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K might potentially work with CS6 (unofficially), but I'm not really confident either card will work in CS5 without a test. I don't have an older copy of CS5 to try though.
Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Return to Post Production