FCP XML auto conformed to R3D files...almost..too easily

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

dav3evans

FCP XML auto conformed to R3D files...almost..too easily

PostFri Nov 30, 2012 11:27 am

I have to check this with others...to ensure it's not some kind of sneaky underhand voodoo here, following on from tests I've done in an earlier post, I've tried the XML import with an FCP timeline that used the R3D proxies to edit with, so its *name*_P.

Exported an XML out of FCP, opened up Resolve, and imported it in... went straight for the actual R3D files?! I was assuming that it would give me lower res versions as a result of the way the timeline was put together but apparently not..

In the Media Pool it states all of the files are 4K, and everything seems fine....almost, TOO fine.

I just wanted to check that this is the way it works for other people, as I've been told by multiple sources that the R3D workflow can be hellish at times, but this is just a breeze. Even easier than the EDL route whereby you would have to use Clipfinder, or text edit the _p away to ensure a successful import.

Dave.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: FCP XML auto conformed to R3D files...almost..too easily

PostFri Nov 30, 2012 12:13 pm

R u on 9.0.4?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Steve MacMillan

Re: FCP XML auto conformed to R3D files...almost..too easily

PostSun Dec 02, 2012 4:30 pm

You could go to the project Camera Raw settings and temporarily turn the DeBayer quality all the down. Then you can tell if all the clips are properly re-connected because they will look bad.
Resolve Lite 10.1.4
MacPro 5,1 2.66Ghz, 48GB, OSX 10.8.5
GUI Nvidia Q4000, GPU Nvidia GTX680, Decklink 3D+

Return to Post Production