New 4K intensity Preimere Mercury Playback

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Yusuf Thakur

New 4K intensity Preimere Mercury Playback

PostThu Mar 05, 2015 8:06 am

Does the New card out put a 4K Red mercury timeline in real time 4K to HDMI or down convert to 1080 over component.

My question is very specific, I do not want to convert the timeline to a BMD preset, I want to use the
Adobe Premiere RED Code mercury engine, all I want is A, 4K over HDMI and 1080 over component.

This does not work with any of the other BMD cards unless you change the edit preset.

Yusuf

Adam Simmons

Re: New 4K intensity Preimere Mercury Playback

PostThu Mar 05, 2015 8:52 am

You don't say what version of Premiere you are using, but I would suspect it works in exactly the same way as the other devices as they basically use the same drivers
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Tim Lota

PostFri Mar 06, 2015 9:04 am

If I got you right, you want to edit like you've always done (codecs, settings and whatnot), but you want a fullscreen playback of your timeline on a monitor, right?

Then yes, this is exactly what this card does. You don't need specific settings in Premiere, it will just output a fullscreen signal of your premiere-monitors to a screen.

Though, with the Intensity Pro 4K, keep in mind that A) 4K is 30p max and B) this card doesn't accelerate any process. It just does playback & recording. If you don't have real time playback now, you won't have with this card. If your computer is fast enough now, it will play fine with the card.

And I can't tell you, if it does HDMI + Component at the same time. I'm using it for 10-bit 1080 HDMI and it does work super fine.

Yusuf Thakur

PostThu Mar 12, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi Tim,

I am using CC2014 which is the latest version via auto update.
Do you have any Red or R3D files, if you have place them in a new timeline
and let Premiere change the sequence settings to match that of the
file. Which will then be a RED Sequence.

Now just click on the BMD output in Premiere preferences,
to display on secondary monitor connected to the new 4K Intensity.

Do you get real time playback and scrubbing on your component
output in HD, or via HDMI.

Return to Post Production