Frame rate question

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

dropslot

Frame rate question

PostWed Dec 12, 2012 2:32 am

Hey all. I am relatively new to this software, and foolishly set my master timeline to 24p, while the footage was in 59.94. In addition, i am working with a baked product, so i had to use the scene detection to cut the whole thing up for coloring.
unfortunately, The problem is that I graded the whole 90 minute program, and didn't notice the frame rate issue until I began exporting. So right now, the whole thing is graded, a couple days work. But in the wrong frame rate. I am afraid that even exporting an EDL will give me issues with the source.
Ideally, I would figure out a way to change the frame rate of the master timeline. I am assuming that is impossible, but I remain hopeful. My backup plan is to create a new timeline in the same project, and use the grade I have already done. But I don't know if I can save this project. Does anyone know what my next steps should be?

Jaaron Eller

Re: Frame rate question

PostSat Dec 15, 2012 5:24 pm

This is where the ColorTrace feature comes in handy. I would Create a new project set at the correct frame rate, bring in the clip and scene detect again, making sure that the cuts match the original. Then use ColorTrace (pg. 236 in the manual) to copy the grades.

Return to Post Production