symphony 6.5 problems

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

maddox

symphony 6.5 problems

PostTue Dec 18, 2012 9:00 pm

I have a symphony 6.5 on a brand new Macbook pro.
I have had problems making symphony see the Intensity extreme.
It is present in the mac system rapport.
It suddenly worked a week ago, and now i suddenly does not again, i have reinstalled the drivers, but no luck.
After the reinstall, when i launch BM Media Express, it cant find the hardware. But when it does, i can get picture through here.

Please help.

Kaspar Ko

Blackmagic Design

Re: symphony 6.5 problems

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 2:02 am

When you launch Media Express or Avid Symphony and it is not detected, is the unit still seen in the System Report? Is the light on the device lit when plugged in? Have you tried a different Thunderbolt cable by chance?

The fact that it is intermittent like that could either mean a faulty Thunderbolt cable or a faulty unit. However, if the unit is always seen by the Mac in the Blackmagic control panel in the System Preferences and the Mac System Report, then I would suspect something with the permissions on the machine that perhaps could be causing the issue. It'd be a very rare case that permissions would cause hardware not to be seen by an application. What I would suggest would be to uninstall the drivers, run a permission repair on the hard drive from the Mac Disk Utility, then reinstall the drivers and see if that alleviates the issues.

if both this and swapping the Thunderbolt cable do not change the behavior you are seeing, then I would contact your local support office for further assistance in a RMA as then it may be that the unit is not behaving correctly and should be swapped.
Kaspar Ko
Support Representative
Blackmagic Design USA

Return to Post Production