BMD Decklink Quad

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

JonathanParl

BMD Decklink Quad

PostWed May 27, 2015 3:19 pm

Hey Guys,

Feeling dumb a little here but I need some help.

I've installed a BMD Decklink Quad on a windows 2008 R2 installation.

I've installed Desktop Video 10.1.4 as the tech support representative told me it was the last version compatible with windows server 2008.

I've hooked up a Phabrix SX device to the first pin on the left of the card (First outpu) but the server does not detect any extra monitors.

I need to fix this issue asap and I've been the "third" caller in line for 45 minutes now on the phone for customer support, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Jonathan

Adam Simmons

Re: BMD Decklink Quad

PostThu May 28, 2015 5:49 am

What software are you using to play out to the device?

Decklink quads are normally seen as 4 separate devices in Windows so assuming your playback software supports the Decklink you have to makes sure you select the correct one as your output device, also you have to be playing back a frame-rate/frame-size that the Decklink supports otherwise you won't get any output.

I'm not sure where you are expecting the system to 'detect' the device that is connected. It doesn't get seen in Windows as an extra monitor
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Return to Post Production