Adobe CS6 workflow, can't render the grade.

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Steadiphil

Adobe CS6 workflow, can't render the grade.

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 10:38 pm

I installed Resolve Beta 9 on MacPro 4.1 running OSX 10.6.8. Did the tutorial exercise, it worked perfectly, very impressed with Resolve. (Not so impressed with Speedgrade).

Exported an XML sequence from Premiere Pro CS6 and brought it into Resolve, no problems. It's Apple ProRes (SQ) about 5 mins long. Did the grade, looks great. However when I take it to the Delivery room and render out it doesn't apply the grade to the render. I can bring the rendered sequence back into Premiere CS6 but it's not graded. I can also bring the rendered xml back into FCP 7 but colour grade is not applied. All the mov files are in the folder, but without the grade.

Tried lots of settings, spent hours raking through the manual but still can't get Resolve to apply the render (as it did successfully with the tutorial files).

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Adobe CS6 workflow, can't render the grade.

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 11:32 pm

Did you see the grades in the viewer as it was rendering?

The only thing that could cause this is if you had a Flat Pass option enabled in the Output Options area on the Delivery page.

Dwaine Maggart
DaVinci Product Support
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Steadiphil

Re: Adobe CS6 workflow, can't render the grade.

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 10:13 am

Thank you that fixed it.

Thank you to for such a prompt reply.

Also I can confirm that using the FCP XML export this round trips successfully between Premier Pro CS6 to Resolve 9 and back to Premiere Pro CS6.

Return to Post Production