Avid Symphony v 6.0.1 RS-422 Control

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Kevin Jones

Avid Symphony v 6.0.1 RS-422 Control

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi All,
Have been trying to get deck control to work with my DeckLink HD Extreme 3D card for a few days and have come up empty handed.

Here's my specs...

Avid Symphony v6.0.1
DeckLink HD Extreme 3D
MacPro 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel
20GB RAM

When I boot the Avid I get an error that says "The port on 'RS-422 Deck Control' is busy and cannot be used for an external controller". I get the same error when I launch the Capture Tool.

When I delete the deck configure preference and try to re-configure it, it gives me the same warning.

Has anyone had this issue before? I've done a lot of searches and keep coming up with nothing.

I'm directly connected to an HD-D5 deck, the Blackmagic Media Express software controls the deck just fine.

Any tips would be appreciated...

Kevin

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: Avid Symphony v 6.0.1 RS-422 Control

PostMon Jan 14, 2013 10:04 pm

Just to confirm. You're not trying to run Sympony while Media Express is running are you? You cannot run both at the same time as the system will fight for the hardware.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Kevin Jones

PostFri Jan 18, 2013 4:37 pm

Nope, I'm only running Symphony. It wont even allow me to have both Media Express and Symphony open at the same time. I do have Final Cut Pro (7 & X), Premier, and After Effects installed on my machine, but really only ever use Symphony.

Kevin Jones

PostTue Jan 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Nailed it....for some reason the Controller Settings in the Avid were reserving the RS422 port....thus making the software think it was busy whenever I tried to use it.

Hope this helps someone else out in the future.

Return to Post Production