Intensity Shuttle simultaneous hdmi and analog audio

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Tetsuosan

Intensity Shuttle simultaneous hdmi and analog audio

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 4:55 pm

I own an intensity shuttle and use it in conjuction with xsplit to stream my gameplay. I am also a focus group tester for them and I had asked if it was possible to have simultaneous hdmi and analog audio. The reason being is that I utilize a mixer for my microphone and for me to use it I have to hook it up to the mic input on my laptop. Since the mic input is amplified I have to drastically lower the volume, so that it doesn't peak during my broadcast. The line in audio from the black magic card is essential to have for my setup since I don't have a line in port on my laptop.

I also own an avermedia c127 capture card that can actually do this. Is there a way to add this feature in on a future driver release? If my estimates are correct there should be more than enough bandwidth on usb 3.0 to add the analog audio in together with the digital hdmi audio. Thanks

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: Intensity Shuttle simultaneous hdmi and analog audio

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 5:28 pm

During playout, all outputs will stream, but you seem to be asking for capture. This is not possible with the current design as our capture devices (with only a few exceptions) are designed as single source capture devices.

So you can capture HDMI video and HDMI audio OR you can capture HDMI Video and Analog Audio, but you cannot capture HDMI Video with HDMI and Analog Audio.

As a possible recommendation you can use the mic input on your rig to capture your VO directly to an audio file which could then be brought in and edited along side the video without much trouble.

Unfortunately this is not a bandwidth issue, but the way the hardware is designed.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Mike Squires

Re: Intensity Shuttle simultaneous hdmi and analog audio

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 9:17 pm

This may be a solution for you:

Mic audio into your mixer
Game audio into your mixer (headphone jack out of laptop into mixer)

Mixer into the analog audio inputs of the Shuttle
Video via HDMI into the Shuttle

Change settings in the Control Panel for HDMI Video and Analog Audio.

Return to Post Production