Can't get Signal from DeckLink HD

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Lucas Pfaff

Can't get Signal from DeckLink HD

PostSun Feb 07, 2016 9:19 pm

Hi there,

I have a DeckLink HD Extreme 3D in my PC, running Win10.
Installed is Desktop Video 10.5.4

I want to plug a Camera over HDMI into my PC to record, but I can't get a signal somehow.
I did this years before, back then I used Media Express to capture the Video, but right now everything is just black. No error or so, just black image.

So in the Desktop Video Utility I already set the Video Input to HDMI. I use the HDMI-Adapter cables to connect my camera to the card. I open up Media Express, head into the rec screen, but it's only black.
I tried setting the project in Media Express to 50i, to 25p... didn't do the trick. Cam is set to PAL and should output 50i (as psd I suppose), isn't any issue in common video monitors... so, the HDMI cable is fine.
I also checked that I use the right HDMI-connection on the card, but I used the right one so far (if I may trust the manual). But I also tried the other connector

Any idea what could go wrong?

Adam Simmons

Re: Can't get Signal from DeckLink HD

PostMon Feb 08, 2016 10:08 am

Try plugging the camera direct to a TV to check what the actual signal is
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Return to Post Production