Micro Converter - SDI > HDMI Problem/Question

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

GenePensiero

Re: Micro Converter - SDI > HDMI Problem/Question

PostTue Feb 07, 2017 10:25 pm

well, i STILL have static on some of my micro converters.

however, i have no idea if these have updated to the 7.0.7. i've plugged them all in and ran the application, but only a small number actually called for the update. the rest give me no option.

Charles Korecki

PostTue Feb 07, 2017 11:21 pm

I'm running the BlackMagic Update from Windows 7, SP1. I downloaded 7.0.7 and unzipped. Plugged in my first micro and ran the utility. The micro showed up as 7.0.7 but the annoying audio "thing" was still happening. So I know I have the right utility--but how do I know it's actually transferring to the micro? Someone else mentioned they got a prompt to update? I didn't get any kind of prompt. I do have access to a Mac. Perhaps I should try from that. Can anyone else report either success or failure when applying the 7.0.7 update to the micro converters?
Charles J Korecki

GenePensiero

PostTue Feb 07, 2017 11:25 pm

Charles Korecki wrote:I'm running the BlackMagic Update from Windows 7, SP1. I downloaded 7.0.7 and unzipped. Plugged in my first micro and ran the utility. The micro showed up as 7.0.7 but the annoying audio "thing" was still happening. So I know I have the right utility--but how do I know it's actually transferring to the micro? Someone else mentioned they got a prompt to update? I didn't get any kind of prompt. I do have access to a Mac. Perhaps I should try from that. Can anyone else report either success or failure when applying the 7.0.7 update to the micro converters?

so far i have at least 2 that still have the static. again, i can't be sure if the firmware update was applied or not.

seems like there should be a simple 'Check For Update' button in the Converter software.

Addison Day

PostWed Feb 08, 2017 2:57 pm

Well bad news - the dreaded audio aliasing has reemerged on one of the converters I have been testing.

I had previously had a solid day of operation without the corruption. I switched out the unit and will continue to monitor it.

I hoped I would never hear that sound again!

GenePensiero

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 8:40 pm

bump.

I assume there's been no updates?

alexhackney

PostMon Mar 27, 2017 2:59 am

Well I bought a few of these and have ran in to the audio issue as well. I needed to record my program feed from an atem tv studio hd and there was a lot of noise on the recording. :/ would hope this would be resolved at this point after seeing all of these posts.

GenePensiero

PostMon Mar 27, 2017 5:24 pm

yeah nothing so far.

sadly, it seems the only recourse is to go to online retailers and leave poor reviews on the product.

i'm not someone who usually posts a bad review, but people are still buying these unaware that they are flawed from the factory. so i've been posting 1 star reviews with explanation on various sites.

JeffKnorr

PostThu Apr 20, 2017 1:22 pm

1. We're facing issues with losing video sync on the mini battery HDMI<->SDI converters.
2. We're also facing the issue with the updater program saying that all of our devices are on the latest firmware.
3. The third issue that I've run into is that the updater program doesn't used signed drivers and can't be run from a Windows 10 Pro laptop.

Why hasn't Black Magic responded to this thread?! I'm going to recommend that we don't purchase any more BM products until this is resolved.

Thank you,

Jeff
Previous

Return to Post Production