A DIY Videohub controller - youtube video

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Baz

A DIY Videohub controller - youtube video

PostSat Sep 01, 2012 12:29 am

I have finished building a custom design Videohub controller specific to my installation.
A few colleagues of mine in post production saw it and said "I want one, I WANT ONE".
So I thought it would be a good idea to let people know they can build their own using parts from an electronics shop and writing their own software or buy my software for a small fee.

My need was for a very small unit that could control multiple Videohubs using an already existing infrastructure eg a computer network. Multiple Videohubs because I have TWO in operation and networked because all my edit rooms are connected to the same network and also have access to the Videohubs.

So I have used all the feature rich features of the Videohub and incorporated it all into a palm sized microcontroller (an Arduino) using just 5 buttons and a 16x2 character display.

I made a rough-ass youtube video to briefly show how it works so you can see it at;

[url]
[/url]

Comments and suggestions are definitely welcome.

Just as an FYI - I made the above video in half a day using Avid Symphony for the first time ever, so its pretty bad but I learnt a lot and hope the next time I make a tutorial I will be as proficient with Avid as I am with FCP. ;)

MISC
U/S Express, SmartviewDuo, SmartScopeDuo, Teranex 2D, Web Pres, 5/7 Vid Assists
VIDEOHUB
Smart 12x12
12x24
72x144
HYPERDECK
Studio, Shuttle, Studio Mini
ATEM
2me4K, 2me, TVS, TVS HD, CamConvs, StudioConvs, Studio Cams, Micro Studio Cam

NicholasAlonso

Re: A DIY Videohub controller - youtube video

PostMon Oct 22, 2012 12:48 am

I'm sure many people will going to find this DIY video useful. Thanks for sharing it.

Locksmith Bolingbrook

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: A DIY Videohub controller - youtube video

PostMon Oct 22, 2012 7:31 pm

Cool stuff Baz!
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to Post Production