Vimeo compression

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Monarki Stockholm

Vimeo compression

PostSat Sep 01, 2012 2:29 pm

Ok, geting in to the discussion with a topic I haven't read about yet. The thing is, I'm dying to get my BMCC and I'm fine with every aspect of what it seems to offer. However, I've been watching every clip of BMCC footage there is on the web (even the tons of creatively graded versions of John stuff) and I'm not superimpressed! My question for you who have taken the time to download Johns RAW files ( I cant get myself to do it for some reason) is: Is it amazing and crispy on your screens up until you bake it into H.264 and send it to the mils at Vimeo? I know my 5D stuff looks like a million bucks right up until this point. Next question: When will the next generation of video streaming solution arrive? One that can handle the crispy stuff we all plan to produce with this magic piece of camera? Is it already here? If so, give me a push in the right direction because I'm tired of geting my films smudged by Vimeo and youtube.

Thanx

Marcus Frendberg
Vidographer

Michael Beck

Re: Vimeo compression

PostSat Sep 01, 2012 3:44 pm

The only way to answer this is for you to download some DNG and see for yourself. I love what I am seeing! but as they say... beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
------------
-Michael Beck

Monarki Stockholm

Re: Vimeo compression

PostSat Sep 01, 2012 3:59 pm

Yeah, would you agree that the Vimeo shots look rather unsophistcated?

Return to Post Production