Intensity Pro PCI card

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

docsony

Intensity Pro PCI card

PostThu Jan 05, 2017 5:29 am

when I connect to the composite input and analog audio to my IP card and play a tape with a Hi8 camcorder, the picture flickers on and off and the audio is pegged. Even if I unplug the audio the audio is still pegged. If I just have the camera picture on the picture is fine. I have plugged the camera into an analog TV and it plays fine. I believe I have all the setting rights on the IP. I've used the card several times, but it's always been digital. Thanks!

Adam Simmons

Re: Intensity Pro PCI card

PostFri Jan 06, 2017 6:04 am

You need to give more information.

What are your full system specs?

Which Intensity Pro is it?

What version of the BM Desktop video software do you have installed (latest is 10.8.4)

What software are you using to capture in with?
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Joyce Hart

PostWed Mar 22, 2017 1:04 am

I am adding myself to this thread because there are so few of us using the old Intensity Pro HD/SD PCIe card. Mine is installed in a Mac Pro (2008). My editing software for this purpose is FCP 7 (2009). I have used this set-up in the past to capture Betcam and Umatic tapes with unbalanced audio through RCA connections. This time I am trying to capture VHS material via Y Video and Unbalanced Audio In (3 cables). The picture comes through as good as can be expected without TBC, but the audio overloads and has terrible feedback. I have tried all the setting permutations, changed the cables, switched tapes, played back through a TV to test the VHS player, monitored through headphones and Line Out. I am hoping someone on this thread can point out what I'm missing.

Thanks for listening.

Joyce

Dan Olson

PostSun Mar 26, 2017 9:27 pm

Something to try, in the Desktop Video Setup panel you should have Analog Audio Input Levels. You should be able to attenuate the audio signal to prevent it from overloading.

Also I can't stress enough how valuable the newer versions of Desktop Video are. I've had far, far fewer problems getting my original Intensity Pro to behave after updating to 10.8.5.
MacOS 10.15.5, MacPro 3.5GHz, Radeon Pro W5700X, 32GB DDR4

Thomas Fowler

PostTue Mar 28, 2017 2:25 pm

You will find that the Intensity is very sensitive to sync on analog inputs. You will save yourself a lot of frustration by running your analog through a TBC first. I keep a set of attenuation barrels on my TBC in the advent that I need them as well.
Resolve 12.5 Studio, Windows10 X64, i5 3570K, 32Gb, (2)R9 280X, (2)WD Black raid 0, Samsung SSD (scratch)

Return to Post Production