HDCP issue? Intensity Shuttle & iMac & Roland V-1HD mixer

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Sam Cox

HDCP issue? Intensity Shuttle & iMac & Roland V-1HD mixer

PostThu Jan 12, 2017 3:18 pm

Hello I wonder if anyone can help.
I work in a University and need to record a speaker and their presentation from an iMac using a Picture-n-picture effect. We perchased a Roland V-1HD mixer, and the set up works fine to a preview monitor. (I've attached an image of the proposed setup)
Proposed Lecture Theatre Recording Setup.jpg
Proposed Lecture Theatre Recording Setup.jpg (126.29 KiB) Viewed 1402 times

When I run the camera - Canon Legria HFG25 via HDMI into the Blackmagic box the picture is great.
When I run the Roland into the Blackmagic box no picture at all. HDCP set to off on Roland. Roland is set to 1080i frame rate 50, Media Express preferrences set the same and Blackmagic video setup is set to HDMI.
I tried running a Macbook Air straight into Intensity Shuttle via HDMI, in case the CAT5 conversion was causing issues. Macbook found BMD as second monitor, but still no picture in Media Express. Tried outputting 1080i 50 and 1080p 50 from MAcbook.
Tried running camera to Roland to Blackmagic and no picture.
Tried adding HDMI splitter between Roland and BM in case it was an HDCP issue still nowt.
Anybody got any ideas? Been on the phone with tech support who've tried their best but not got anywhere.
I feel it's an HDCP issue from the mac, but I'm totally stumped with the Roland. Also confused as to why i can get a signal from the camera but nothing else...

FrancoisVaillant

Re: HDCP issue? Intensity Shuttle & iMac & Roland V-1HD mixe

PostWed Dec 13, 2017 8:19 pm

I Had the same problem with Thunderbolt version of intensity shuttle on a mac book pro. Resolved with intensity shuttle USB !!

Return to Post Production