Lack of audio (stutters and gone) in a recorded video clip.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Risto Rauk

Lack of audio (stutters and gone) in a recorded video clip.

PostWed Mar 29, 2017 6:42 pm

I have been using DaVinci Resolve 12.5 for about five hours now. And I got to say that I really like it! It's simply awesome.

But I have a major issue with it. I'm trying to learn the intricate makings of Resolve by recording 20 to 60 second clips of my desktop or games. After which I try to edit them. Recording is all good - I'm able to record 1080p videos at 60fps and 50Mbps. After recording the videos I usually check them with a video player, to see if the video and audio are acceptable. They are. Problem occurs when I load a clip (of my own recordings, works fine with other clips) to Resolve. The clip starts with sound (some loud noises for seconds) and then cuts off. When I replay the clip, then there is no sound at all. I'm forced to restart the program and the project to hear that stutter again. I tried different resolution, fps and Mbps settings in GeForce Experinece, but the problem occurred with all of them.

I'm at the end of my rope at the moment. Can anyone please help me with this issue.

Marc Wielage

Re: Lack of audio (stutters and gone) in a recorded video cl

PostFri Mar 31, 2017 2:54 am

These H.264 Long-GOP formats are bad news for post. Convert them first to ProRes or DNxHD (and WAV files for audio), and in general, they will work much better.

One issue is that a lot of these screen-capture programs are variable-speed, so there may be issues with sound sync.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve