Recovering FIles from CFAST Card

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

MartinVidic

Recovering FIles from CFAST Card

PostMon Apr 03, 2017 12:32 am

Hi. Im trying to recover files from my formated cfast 2.0 card (ursa raw 3.1) and im using disk trill. I accidentally formatted the card in the ursa. So i found a couple of folders with 550kb JPG files but i cant open these jpg files anywhere. There are thousands of jpgs like that. Does anybody know what they are?

Also i think if they would be the raw3.1 files im looking for, the should be more like 8MB each for 4K, right?
Any advice?

CarlosNino

Re: Recovering FIles from CFAST Card

PostMon Apr 03, 2017 4:13 am

Hi,

There are many data recovery options out there, if search "unformat cd card" in Google you'll get quite a few. Now if you wrote absolutely NOTHING in the card after formatting it a software like iCare should be able to recover whatever files were in the card. Try to "repeat the accident" with different CF card by recording any raw footage in it, formatting that card, and trying to recover the files with this software. You can repeat the process with different apps until you find one that works correctly and then use it to recover the CF card with the data you originally lost.

Return to Post Production