Handles are not graded

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Andrew Rice

Handles are not graded

PostMon Sep 03, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi,

Just output a project with 48 frames of handles. When I brought the project back into Media Composer the handles were there, but they were not graded. This is one of my first times using Davinci Lite 9b3, so a not sure if this is normal. But I don't really see the point of having handles if they are not graded.

BTW...I love the new version!! Awesome.
Davinci Resolve Studio 16.1.1 • 2018 MacBook Pro • 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 • 32GB RAM • Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB • OSX 10.15.1

Chris Hocking

Re: Handles are not graded

PostTue Sep 04, 2012 3:18 am

That's odd - I haven't seen that problem before.

Are you rendering out an individual timeline or the Master Session?

The Master Session should have ALL of the media (including handles) - so you can easily watch through it to see if the handles are graded or not.

However, depending on how you brought in the media to the project, rendering out the master session may not be appropriate. Generally we always bring in the media via an EDL (with handles) using the "Add Media & Split", so that the Master Session only contains the footage we actually need.

Andrew Rice

Re: Handles are not graded

PostTue Sep 04, 2012 5:12 am

I Exported AAF from Media Composer (linking to media). Then imported the AAF with Automatically Link to Media selected.

When I export/deliver I used the Avid AAF Roundtrip Easy setup, I did add a few small tweaks, like frame-rate, and 48 frame handles.

So I do get each clip with handles back in MC, but as I said...Only the handles are not graded. The rest of the clip is graded, so that's good. Weird.
Davinci Resolve Studio 16.1.1 • 2018 MacBook Pro • 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 • 32GB RAM • Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB • OSX 10.15.1

Return to Post Production