Goodbye ADOBE PREMIERE CC

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Baz

Goodbye ADOBE PREMIERE CC

PostFri May 05, 2017 2:10 am

Adobe Creative suite just increased their monthly price AGAIN; AND you get all the bugs for free.....

Finally I can make the decision to move over to Da Vinci Resolve 14 for all my editing needs.

Message to Adobe: I think you will see a MASS MIGRATION!!!

Baz

MISC
U/S Express, SmartviewDuo, SmartScopeDuo, Teranex 2D, Web Pres, 5/7 Vid Assists
VIDEOHUB
Smart 12x12
12x24
72x144
HYPERDECK
Studio, Shuttle, Studio Mini
ATEM
2me4K, 2me, TVS, TVS HD, CamConvs, StudioConvs, Studio Cams, Micro Studio Cam

Marc Wielage

Re: Goodbye ADOBE PREMIERE CC

PostMon May 08, 2017 3:59 am

The price stayed the same in America. Adobe says the pricing changed in some foreign countries due to "currency fluctuations."

The great thing about competing products is that there's always alternatives as to what to buy and use.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Baz

PostMon May 08, 2017 11:04 pm

Marc Wielage wrote:The price stayed the same in America. Adobe says the pricing changed in some foreign countries due to "currency fluctuations."

The great thing about competing products is that there's always alternatives as to what to buy and use.

"currency fluctuations." Yeah right.
The Aussie dollar has been sitting 73% to 75% for the last 18 months but the price went up almost 25% overnight. My Adobe CC went from AU$54.99pm to AU$72.59pm :oops: .
How do they justify that?
I could BUY Da Vinci 14 in FOUR payments and get LESS BUGS and never have to pay anything again.

I think its Adobe punishing Aussies because BMD are an Aussie company and is knocking off Adode's market share.

Baz
ps. Really enjoying Da Vinci; not a single crash in a whole week; unheard of in Adobe land.

MISC
U/S Express, SmartviewDuo, SmartScopeDuo, Teranex 2D, Web Pres, 5/7 Vid Assists
VIDEOHUB
Smart 12x12
12x24
72x144
HYPERDECK
Studio, Shuttle, Studio Mini
ATEM
2me4K, 2me, TVS, TVS HD, CamConvs, StudioConvs, Studio Cams, Micro Studio Cam

Glenn Sakatch

PostWed May 17, 2017 1:27 am

That is why i hate these subscriptions. They think once they get you, you are hooked for life.

Good for you saying enough is enough.

(I wouldn't talk too quickly about 14 being bugless though...there are plenty reported in the forums)

Personally, i'm not going anywhere near it until it is out of Beta...and even then i'll have see what the reaction is.

JPOwens

PostWed May 17, 2017 5:02 pm

Glenn Sakatch wrote:Personally, i'm not going anywhere near it until it is out of Beta...and even then i'll have see what the reaction is.

There is quite a large change in the core application - more than meets the eye. That said, as far as basic grade goes, I don't see any change at all. There are a couple of gee-whiz plugins, and of course "general blah-blah-blah" that every release needs to cover -- its boilerplate language concerning stability and performance... Oh, I just thought of that, maybe I may have coined a new phrase.... :roll:

There's a long way to go. One word: Fairlight.

Would love to hear some expansion on the topic from those who "need Resolve 14 NOW!!!!" that 12.5 doesn't do. I don't seem to, for some reason.

jPo, CSI

Return to Post Production