Blackmagic new sequence presets for Premiere Pro 2017 CC

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Michal Zagorski

Blackmagic new sequence presets for Premiere Pro 2017 CC

PostThu May 25, 2017 2:42 pm

Hey all,

I am all new to Blackmagic URSA mini 4.6k and Windows 10 so please be nice to me and help if you can :twisted:
Recently installed the newest Premiere Pro 2017.1.1 Release and I have noticed missing Blackmagic sequence presets which were in earlier versions of Premiere. Is it only mine problem or is Adobe abandoned idea creating presets for Blackmagic?

I also have the other question regarding ProRes codecs and working on Windows 10 PC with Premiere Pro (editing) ---> to Resolve and back ---> Premiere to export. All my time was working on Mac with Canon files and I am new to ProRes in Windows.

Should I worry and prepare myself for some in-depth workflow?

Will be very grateful reading your answers! Thanks for your time! BOOM!

I do remember

Dominik Gehring

Re: Blackmagic new sequence presets for Premiere Pro 2017 CC

PostSun May 28, 2017 12:05 pm

For your first question i'd suggest to just make a preset by yourself. It's not a big deal.

For working with prores on windows, you'll find that you can import and edit prores footage
but you wont be able to export it. So stick to dnxhd for hd or dnxhr for higher resolutions. It's
as good as prores. If you still want to export in prores there are several workarounds. Just google it.

But the more people start using dnxhd&dnxhr the more people are gonna accept it as delivery format.
-----------------------
www.kg-studio.ch

Michal Zagorski

PostMon May 29, 2017 3:03 pm

Thanks for all the answers Dominik.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostWed May 31, 2017 4:26 pm

You don't really need BM presets at all- there are for hardware cards not really for Resolve.
They appear in Premiere if you have Premiere installed and then install some BM hardware with drivers.

DNxHR is good replacement for ProRes as well as Cineform which is handled natively by Adobe products. With Cineform by switching preview resolution you can edit 4.6K files on a laptop :)

Return to Post Production