Graphic Design/Photo Editing Software?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

andy patterson

Graphic Design/Photo Editing Software?

PostTue Jun 13, 2017 7:23 pm

I like what I see from Blackmagic Design thus far. I think Davinci Resolve 14 looks really good but will Blackmagic Design create a program that is like Photoshop and Illustrator (vector drawing tools) combined? It would be nice to unsubscribe to Adobe's Create Cloud but there are some things that I still need from the CC.

Karl Jolley

Re: Graphic Design/Photo Editing Software?

PostSat Jun 17, 2017 11:48 pm

have you looked at the Affinity Draw and Photo? they seem to be good for most things,
best part is they are not subscription.
the interface and process steps are different than photoshop, but the flow is good.

there are a lot of "alternative" programs for adobe, but this one just "feels better" . ? whatever that means. :roll:
Mac Pro 2010 - os 10.12.5 - 2x24 GHz quad intel xeon - 28 gb ram - Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6 gb cuda 2816 -dvr 8.0.8.

andy patterson

PostTue Jun 20, 2017 5:14 pm

I am hoping Blackmagic Design will create their own photo/graphic design software that integrates with DaVinci Resolve. It would be nice to see BMD create something similar to the Adobe CS Production Premiere. I think BMD sees the need for software although I am not sure they will want to cover the whole multimedia spectrum like Adobe. Having said that it would be nice to have an alternative to InDesign and Dreamweaver.

willypimentel

PostSat Jun 24, 2017 3:05 pm

I love Affinity Photo and Designer

Karl Jolley wrote:have you looked at the Affinity Draw and Photo? they seem to be good for most things,
best part is they are not subscription.
the interface and process steps are different than photoshop, but the flow is good.

there are a lot of "alternative" programs for adobe, but this one just "feels better" . ? whatever that means. :roll:

OlegCherr

PostThu Jun 27, 2019 1:34 pm

I love coloring in DaVinchi Resolve very much!
Sometimes I even edit photos in Resolve :D
I create an empty project and importing a photo on the timeline. Then I make coloring and export a single frame as TIFF. Then converting it to JPEG via IrfanView.
It's not convenient at all, but it's totally worth it :D

BlackMagic, please create a dedicated photo editor having similar interface to Resolve! :roll:

Return to Post Production