[Intensity Pro 4K] Way to monitor 5.1 audio while recording?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Red Rigos

[Intensity Pro 4K] Way to monitor 5.1 audio while recording?

PostSun Jun 18, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi guys,

So my Pro 4K has no issues capturing 5.1 audio with Media Express. I need it to isolate the center channel dialogue for my videos. However, I have the problem of not being able to actually monitor the 5.1 audio in the process of recording footage, so all I hear on my headphones are sound fx and no dialogue.

Does anyone know of a way I can actually accomplish what I'm trying to do? Even a low budget solution would be great. My only goal is to hear the center channel during recording. Actual quality coming thru the headphones isn't much of a concern.

5.1 speakers is not an option, unfortunately since the walls in my apartment are thin.

If there is a software solution, I am using MacOS. Maybe there's a way to trick the center channel into being routed somewhere?

I am capturing footage from a PS4 set on Linear PCM via HDMI. There are headphones for the PS4 that would enable VIRTUAL 7.1 surround, but I'm not sure how that'd work while recording since the audio would be routed to the headphones and not the capture card.

Any help is appreciated!

Return to Post Production