Desktop Video 10.9.5

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Sam Vargas

Desktop Video 10.9.5

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 6:31 pm

Device control returned to Premiere Pro, but now captures don't include timecode even though "Use device control timecode" is checked in the Preferences under Capture.

Anyone else run into this issue?

michaelgossen

Re: Desktop Video 10.9.5

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 10:09 pm

Glad they quickly fixed such a glaring error.

I just checked and I am getting timecode from 2 different sources, via RS-422 deck control from a HDCAM deck and from an external LTC signal with and without that preference checked. What devices and I/O are you using?

Michael

Sam Vargas

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 10:13 pm

michaelgossen wrote:Glad they quickly fixed such a glaring error.

I just checked and I am getting timecode from 2 different sources, via RS-422 deck control from a HDCAM deck and from an external LTC signal with and without that preference checked. What devices and I/O are you using?

Michael

DeckLink 4K Extreme

Premiere recognizes what Timecodes it captured within the program but if I open the captured file in QuickTime 7 there is no Timecode track, I just have "Standard" and "Frame Number" as available options.

michaelgossen

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 11:13 pm

Ah, I verified what you are seeing as well.

Thankfully, I am getting the timecode in QT7 using clips captured with Media Express. Also, I can bring a clip into Media Express that was captured in Premiere (one with no timecode track in QT7) and it does see the correct timecode leading me to believe the timecode track is there, perhaps just not in a way QT7 can acknowledge it. Strange.

Michael

Return to Post Production