BM Video Assist 4k Firmware downgrade

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Robert Baker

BM Video Assist 4k Firmware downgrade

PostMon Jul 31, 2017 7:45 pm

I rented a Video Assist 4k and upgraded the firmware to use the added features included in 2.5 but now Card Slot 1 does not work. It cannot read, write or format a card in it even though it worked fine prior to the upgrade. Is it possible to downgrade to 2.4 prior to returning it so that all the features can work as they did before?

Thank you. And before any wants to chastise me about upgrading firmware on rental products I got permission first and I'm covered by insurance. I would just like the product to be working before I sent it back.
Small List of my current toolset:

BMPCC6k - EVA1 - GH5 - Canon R - DaVinci Resolve Studio - Adobe CC - Sony Soundforge 11 - Izotope RX7 - Izotope Elements

Robert Baker

Re: BM Video Assist 4k Firmware downgrade

PostThu Aug 03, 2017 11:16 am

Well, I checked with the rental company once they got the unit back and slot 1 is working fine for them. Perhaps the device just needed an extended time off but that was a weird problem. Glad it's working now.
Small List of my current toolset:

BMPCC6k - EVA1 - GH5 - Canon R - DaVinci Resolve Studio - Adobe CC - Sony Soundforge 11 - Izotope RX7 - Izotope Elements

Denny Smith

Re: BM Video Assist 4k Firmware downgrade

PostWed Aug 09, 2017 4:43 am

Robert, the Video Assist only has one SD slot! If it was not working, my guess would be yiubwere using the wrong SD card.
DS
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Post Production