Photo JPEG Output Data Levels

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Paul Mustardé

Photo JPEG Output Data Levels

PostThu Aug 31, 2017 8:43 am

I am trying to create stock footage clips for sale on the various stock sites ( Shutterstock e.t.c. ) and need H264, PhotoJPEG and MPEG4 versions of all my clips. I originally was seeing a contrast discrepancy between what I had in Resolve and what was output from the Deliver page. Eventually I realised I had set my Data Levels to Full and that was what caused the problems when it came to outputting for the H264 and MP4 versions. Setting everything to Auto (or Video in the project settings ) Data Level meant I had output files that were identical to what I saw in Resolve, for those two formats. The problems is with Photo JPEG. In the Deliver screen when you select Photo JPEG there is no setting for Data Levels, but I am seeing the same contrast issues as before when I output. Is there a way to set the output data levels of PhotoJPEG files to Auto (video)?
Thanks

EVA-stud

Re: Photo JPEG Output Data Levels

PostWed Sep 18, 2019 9:43 am

Hello, I have a similar problem. there are Davinci Resolve 15 when exporting png images, JPEG photo videos get artifacts. All codecs are installed, Windows 10, if you export the video in the same format, then all is well, the Problem is only with PNG images. Did you manage to find a solution?

Return to Post Production