Teranex 2D or 3D roundtrip processing via Thunderbolt

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Patric Favreau

Teranex 2D or 3D roundtrip processing via Thunderbolt

PostTue Oct 03, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi, i would like to know if it's possible to take a video from the computer, send it to the Teranex 2D or 3D for let's say an upscale and have it back to the computer, all this via Thunderbolt ?

If there's no "built in" solution for that, i guess we have to play the video to the Teranex with Media Express via thunderbolt with one computer, output the processed signal via SDI, capture it with an Ultrastudio Express to another computer ?

Thanks

Colin Barrett

Re: Teranex 2D or 3D roundtrip processing via Thunderbolt

PostWed Oct 04, 2017 12:57 pm

Patric, I have replied to your PM on this topic as you requested. However, for the benefit of others I will simply say that the Thunderbolt connection to your Mac will give you total control over the Teranex for both settings and capture/playback (using Media Express).
Blackmagic Teranex 2D, Ultrastudio Express, Intensity Shuttle (Thunderbolt), Two H.264 Pro Recorders (Mac OSX) & lots of old VTRs used for digital archiving of legacy video formats for major libraries, broadcasters, universities and public archives.

Patric Favreau

Re: Teranex 2D or 3D roundtrip processing via Thunderbolt

PostWed Oct 04, 2017 1:53 pm

Thank you. But I can see that it's not possible to use the Teranex to convert a file that is already in the computer (SD to HD for exemple).

It's no even possible to play a file from Video Express via the Teranex and ask it to do a conversion on output, all output option are locked.

So I guess the only option is to do it the other way. Use a computer with an Ultrastudio Express to output the video via SDI to the Teranex connected to another computer and capture with it.

Return to Post Production