Decklink Mini Monitor 4K - PCI Driver Not Installed

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Ben Disinger

Decklink Mini Monitor 4K - PCI Driver Not Installed

PostThu Oct 19, 2017 5:00 am

I am on a 2016 MacBook Pro running Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra. I have 16GB of RAM and a Radeon Pro 460 with 4GB of VRAM.

I am connected through Thunderbolt Bus 1 to an external PCI-E enclosure, the Sonnet Echo Express SEL Thunderbolt 3. Inside, I have a brand new Decklink Mini Monitor 4K installed. From the Decklink, I am connected via HDMI to an HP Dreamcolor Z32x. Both the Echo Express and the Mini Monitor are brand new. I have Blackmagic Desktop video 10.9.7 installed. I have also tested with 10.9.5 and have had no luck.

My problem is that when I open Blackmagic Desktop Video I get the message, "No desktop video device detected." I can't output anything to my monitor.

According to the Sonnet website, the Echo Express is compatible with the Mini Monitor 4K. I have seated and re-seated the Mini Monitor twice now. Issue persists.

Through the system profiler, I can see that the Echo Express is recognized. It says that a device is connected on the upstream port, but no device connected on the downstream port.

When I check PCI under the system profiler, it tells me that card, "pcibdbd,a144 - Type: Video - Slot Thunderbolt@70,0,0" has no driver installed. There are 4 other cards listed, along with "ethernet", that say Yes to Driver Installed, but not to this last one.

I have tried every single Thunderbolt 3 port on my computer but nothing has solved the problem.

The odd thing, though, is that my monitor recognizes when it is connected. Whenever I turn the Echo Express on, or connect it to my computer, my monitor responds. It is totally black, but it is not displaying any input messages/errors.

It is, however, receiving a 720x480 60Hz signal when it normally runs at 3840x2160 60Hz.

Help!

Janis Lionel

Re: Decklink Mini Monitor 4K - PCI Driver Not Installed

PostSun Dec 15, 2019 5:38 pm

Did you get it working in the end? I would be interested in the same setup
--
Windows 10 / i4930k @4.3Ghz / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 / 12TB RAID 0 (4 x 3 TB) / Mini Monitor 4K / Eizo CG247x / Mainly working with CDNG 4:1

Return to Post Production