UltraStudio 4K Extreme 5.1 / Atmos Hardware

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Julian van Mil

UltraStudio 4K Extreme 5.1 / Atmos Hardware

PostSun Oct 22, 2017 1:10 am

Looking to upgrade the suite to support 5.1 and perhaps Atmos. Currently using the Ultrastudio 4k Extreme thunderbolt. Curious about anyone's hardware flow for audio monitoring out of that box. Any suggestions? Pitfalls? Seems like there have been issues or confusion about decoding through HDMI. I'm not sure what to make of it and I can't seem to find any documentation.

Playing out of Resolve...Also worth noting that I'm not looking to mix, just monitor and do basic edits.
Studio Feather
www.studiofeather.com

Hans Leysieffer

Re: UltraStudio 4K Extreme 5.1 / Atmos Hardware

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 9:39 pm

Hi Julian,
I am as well using the Ultrastudio 4K Extreme... was looking for the same environment for audio monitoring and decided after a long search to integrate 3x BM Teranex Mini 12G SDI to Audio converters, feeding the analog XLR outputs into my 5.1 Genelec studio monitor system... not a cheap solution but works perfectly. After the latest firmware upgrade these Teranex Mini converters operate not completely quite but much better than before this update.
I can confirm that there is an issue with the audio transmission through HDMI. I am trying to feed my Denon home theater receiver via SDI out from the Ultrastudio and using a BM Teranex Mini 12G SDI to HDMI converter... video is perfect but channels 3 & 4 are swapped (Center & LFE) as mentioned before by others. I have tried to solve this severe issue through BM's support... they tried hard to find the mistake and offer a solution but for the time being I am still stuck with that... hopefully you find some solution, would be great to hear back!
Good luck
Hans

tyonteck

Re: UltraStudio 4K Extreme 5.1 / Atmos Hardware

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi,

I have the same issue with Channel 3 & 4 being swapped on the HDMI. Anyone ever find a solution? I can reconfigure the input channels on the DataSat preamp, but it loses all the bass management.

Return to Post Production