Teranex 2D broken after latest firmware update

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

pweckerl

Teranex 2D broken after latest firmware update

PostSat Dec 02, 2017 10:54 am

hi all, i just upgraded my teranex 2D to the latest firmware available (version 6.1) from the support area but unfortunatley since then the device is pretty much unusable:

- no input is detected
- when trying to switch output format, the device freezes
- when trying to do a factory reset, the device freezes

really unfortunate. anybody have an idea what is going on. so far things have worked quite well w/o any particular issues ... until the upgrade :(

downgraded to 6.0 and everything is workign fine.

Xtreemtec

Re: Teranex 2D broken after latest firmware update

PostSat Dec 02, 2017 3:42 pm

You might try it again, Re-download it. Install 6.1 again and test again.. But if it keeps failing i defenitly would contact BMD support by email or phone as this should not happen.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Colin Barrett

PostSun Dec 03, 2017 4:09 pm

Since acquiring my Teranex 2D three years I've only done a couple of updates, largely because it's on the go all day every day. Any interruption of the kind you've highlighted would cost me dear due to always having pressing client jobs to get through in volume. I was thinking recently that I ought to consider performing an update, but I'll hold off now. Please post updates here as I'm keen to know what the problem was and (hopefully) it was eventually resolved!
Blackmagic Teranex 2D, Ultrastudio Express, Intensity Shuttle (Thunderbolt), Two H.264 Pro Recorders (Mac OSX) & lots of old VTRs used for digital archiving of legacy video formats for major libraries, broadcasters, universities and public archives.

Cruz Salinas

PostWed Jun 26, 2019 7:20 pm

I plug out the AC Power, then pressing simultaneously power and Rem Lock keys and contenting back the AC Power cable it starting woking.
I don't know if these combination of keys is a solution in case study but it works in my Teranex 2D.

Return to Post Production