macOS Decklink Prefs not working

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Florian Gintenreiter

macOS Decklink Prefs not working

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 9:14 am

I have just noticed that I can't open the Blackmagic Desktop Video prefs (on my 2013 MacPro 10.12.6) with a Ultrastudio 3D attached via Thunderbolt 2. DaVinci Resolve still "sees" the device and even sends a picture to it, which I can see comping out of the Ultra Studio's SDI-uutputs. It seems though that nothing comes out of HDMI.

I have de-and reinstalled Desktop Video 10.9.7, but still: I can't open the preferences for example to set the video resolution for FinalCutProX to use.

When I klick the icon I can read "Loading Blackmagic Desktop Video" for second, but nothing launches.

Can anyone help me with that?

Cheers

Florian
Hardware: MacBookPro 16" 2021, M1 Max, 64GM Ram, Blackmagic Ultra Studio 4K mini, PreSonus 26c Audio Interface

Asgeir Hustad

Re: macOS Decklink Prefs not working

PostSun Dec 10, 2017 9:10 pm

The same thing is happening here, but as far as I know, the settings are found in a separate app now - open Applications/Blackmagic Desktop Video/Desktop Video Setup :)

This is at least true for the settings for my UltraStudio HD Mini.

Eric Geppner

PostThu Dec 21, 2017 4:11 pm

We have the same thing using 10.9.7 on a Mac Pro 2013 running High Sierra.
Not a showstopper but a bug that they should fix.

Paul Hicks

PostMon Jan 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Yep, same here. I'm in Sierra 10.12.6 (16G1114) and have loaded the latest version 10.9.7 (at present) and the pref panel doesn't load.

To be honest, it hasn't worked for a while now. Did really miss it, only when I needed to swap the inputs around to make it play in sync again.

I hope they fix it soon as It's makes me feel as if there's something seriously wrong. Premier and AE crash now and then and I'm starting to think it's the Blackmagic card / driver.

I have the Decklink Extreme4K in a 2013 Mac Pro thru an EchoExpress 3.

Thx.

Return to Post Production