No signal from Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Ross Chevalier

No signal from Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt

PostThu Jan 04, 2018 9:59 pm

Hey folks,

For the last couple of years I have been connecting the HDMI output from DSLRs and Mirrorless cameras to my MacBook Pro via the Intensity Shuttle and using the Media Express application to take screen shots of the camera menus for tutorials and educational purposes. I recently tried this with several cameras, following the same process I had used in the past and get nothing on the Capture screen as I would expect if the Shuttle was doing the job. Media Express sees the shuttle and when I connect the HDMI output from the camera to the input on the Shuttle, the camera LCD goes dark indicating that the information is being pushed out the HDMI port. If I connect a Marshall display to the camera, I am getting content.

I have had to play around with the preferences in Media Express in the past to get it to see the incoming signal from the Intensity Shuttle but that's not working now and I am at a loss as to what to do next. Any suggestions on making this work reliably will be much appreciated.

On most DSLRs and mirrorless you have no control over the signal coming out the HDMI port, it's either on or off, so I don't have a number of settings to try there.

Ross

Xtreemtec

Re: No signal from Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt

PostFri Jan 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Intensity shuttle does capture maximum 1080P30 or 1080i60.. No 1080P50/60 support! Most DSLRS of today output 1080P50/60 ;)

So yes it works on your Marshall.. But not on your older Intensity Shuttle..
If you want to capture 1080P50/60 you will need to look into the Ultrastudio HD mini which is Thunderbolt 3(USB-C)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Post Production