Black Screen with BM Mini Recorder

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Kyle Kinslow

Black Screen with BM Mini Recorder

PostMon Jan 15, 2018 1:59 pm

Hey friends! I'm currently having issues with my blackmagic Mini device streaming setup. My connection goes like this: C100->Blackmagic Mini ->Macbook Pro-> Webinarjam (or Wirecast)

The Blackmagic mini is showing as connected however no picture is not showing up. It's simply coming up as a black screen. I have had glimpses where it has shown up but then straight back to the black screen. I plugged my camera directly into a monitor to prove the HDMI port on the camera works, and it does perfectly.
It worked the last time we streamed and now it's simply not working and I can't figure it out.

The settings in the camera, match the settings in the Blackmagic desktop video setup program. When I restart my computer the black screen will go away and be replaced by the actual picture we're looking for for about 20 seconds. This makes me think that it's a processing issue with my computer but I don't have a clue to be honest with you.
We have two Mini Recorders and have tried BOTH just incase it was a problem with the BM Mini and we still get the same issue
What could be going wrong and how do I fix it?
:?

Return to Post Production