Problem with DVD Recorder & Decklink Mini Recorder

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Stefano Silvestri

Problem with DVD Recorder & Decklink Mini Recorder

PostWed Jan 17, 2018 7:25 pm

I'm Italian and my english is not good..sorry.
I bought a Dvd Recorder with HDMI Output, but i can't use it with Decklink Mini Recorder.
I tried to plug dvd recorder to decklink but Desktop Video doesn't accept the signal (i tried 720i-p/1080i-p and different cables). I read the signal "1080i59,94" for 1 second and then disappear,then appear again and then disappear.
If I connect a DTT Decoder to DeckLink it works very well with all resolution output. I can capture audio/video with no problem.

But if I connect PS4 or DVD Recorder i have the same problem.

Do you have some suggestions?

I tried to change Desktop Video version but nothing changement.

Xtreemtec

Re: Problem with DVD Recorder & Decklink Mini Recorder

PostThu Jan 18, 2018 5:46 pm

What you are trying to do is considered "Highly Illigal" and that is why it does not work. ;)

This protection system is called HDCP Encryption. And is embedded in almost every DVD player. The idea behind it is that you can not copy a DVD and so optain an illigal copy of copywrited material.

Connect a DVD player to a TV and it will exchange a security key so the DVD player knows it is a display source and good to go.

Most dvd players the DHCP is hardcoded always on.. So even if it a own burned DVD. it will block on HDCP.
For the PS4 you might be in more luck. In the menu settings you can turn of HDCP. So you can stream gameplay and stuff.. Not sure if it will work when you put a home made dvd into it. But surely wont work with blockbuster DVDs.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Stefano Silvestri

PostThu Jan 18, 2018 5:50 pm

I'm digitalizing my VHS and Vhs-C, and I use DVD Recorder like BRIDGE from VHS Recorder to PC cause there is TBC into DVD Recorder, so i don't know how to turn off HDCP in Dvd Recorder..

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jan 18, 2018 10:02 pm

There is typically no option to turn of HDCP because as mentioned before by Daniel, this is implemented to avoid people making copies of media that is copyrighted. If you're using a device that is a dual VHS/DVD player, this will likely pass that along regardless of what media you're using. You may want to try a stand alove VHS tape player in order to get the footage from the media recorded.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Stefano Silvestri

PostThu Jan 18, 2018 10:05 pm

I'm using a VHS tape player linked to a DVD Recorder. The DVD recorder is linked to PC.

Xtreemtec

PostFri Jan 19, 2018 7:56 pm

In this case the DVD recorder is killing your result.
The DHCP function is not something you can shut off in 99% of the units..

The best way would be an external TBC...

There is some work around for HDCP but illigal and i cant tell you.. But if you search the internet hard enough you will find it. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Massimiliano Celindano

PostFri Jan 19, 2018 8:36 pm

Ciao Stefano, hai un PM.

Return to Post Production