Problem installing dektop video with extreme 4k

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Bernhard Hochenauer

Problem installing dektop video with extreme 4k

PostFri Mar 09, 2018 4:26 pm

Hi i have a problem installing Desktop Video for my extreme 4k video Card

My Hardware specs:
Windows 10 (latest update)
Resolve 14.3.0.014
Blackmagic extreme 4k
Nvidia gtx 1080 (latest drivers)

My system was running without problem the last months, but one day I was getting no video signal out and my extreme 4k got a red x in the device manager.

I deinstalled Desktop Video and wanted to reinstall after a reboot, when I had a bluescreen and crash. (unfortunately could not read the bluescreen).

After that the Computer did not power on, only when I removed the Extreme 4k card.
So I moved it to another slot with (same speed) and wanted to reinstall the drivers, but every time I try it gets stuck and rolls back. I get the message “Blackmagic Design Desktop Video Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an Error. Your system has not been modified.”

I tried as admin and, deinstalled Resolve, running cc cleaner and deleted the blackmagic folder in program files and app data, but I still could not finish installing.

I tried the extreme 4k on my safety dual boot and it worked at the exact same setup, also I tried on another machine, so it´s not a hardware issue.

Any hints what could be the problem, why I can´t install Desktop Video?
Is there some log file, that could point me to the problem?
Which files can i manually remove in order to do a clean install?

I also tried older version, which had the same problem.
Blackmagic support told me to reinstall Windows, which i want to avoid, besides that the system runs stable,

Thank you for your support.
Best wishes
Bernhard

EvanAnthony

Re: Problem installing dektop video with extreme 4k

PostSat Mar 10, 2018 10:55 pm

BMD had an issue with a few of the later version of DesktopVideo. I had a issue a little different then yours. I had to go back a few versions and then back up to get it working. This was a few months ago

Bernhard Hochenauer

PostSun Mar 11, 2018 10:30 am

Hi, thank you for your input, i tried a few versions down, but did not work unfortunately.

Xtreemtec

PostSun Mar 11, 2018 2:25 pm

Try the card in another PC. I have the gut feeling or your windows regkey got corrupted somewhere along the line.. Or your cared is defective..

So put the card in a different pc install the latest version.. If it installs correctly and the card works your problem is Windows related. Otherwise it is your card that has issues.. In that case contact BMD Support by mail .
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Bernhard Hochenauer

PostSun Mar 11, 2018 3:05 pm

As i wrote above, i tried the card on the same system on a safety dual boot and it works.
I also put it in another machine and it works as well.

It´s not a hardware issue, i just can´t install Desktop Video

Return to Post Production