Forcing UltraStudio 4k to downscale in Premiere??

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Scott Smith

Forcing UltraStudio 4k to downscale in Premiere??

PostTue Apr 10, 2018 5:00 pm

(I put this first in the Live Production forum, with no response. Decided it really was more of a post production issue anyway, so...)

As far as I can tell, the Ultrastudio hands all scaling over to the application and Premiere has no method of downscaling on the output.

Is the any way to force a 4k Premiere project that is being output via an Ultrastudio 4K to scale down to a 1080i output? So far, I don't see a way. Ideas?

Blackmagic developers, any plans to allow software control to force downscaling?

When is Decimator going to have a MD-HX that handles 4K?
Scott R Smith
BMD Stuff I use: ATEM 2-M/E, 4 x ATEM PS 4K, Broadcast Videohub, 6 Hyperdeck Pros, 4 Hyperdeck Shuttles, Multidock, Smartscope Duo, Smartview, Intensity Extreme, Decklink Studio, and lots of Miniconverters and Open Gear Converters.

Xtreemtec

Re: Forcing UltraStudio 4k to downscale in Premiere??

PostTue Apr 10, 2018 5:21 pm

put a second card next to it.. Go 4K in and set hardware downscaling to 1080 8-)

I wish Decimator / BMD would come with a 4K version of the DUC.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Andrew Kolakowski

Re: Forcing UltraStudio 4k to downscale in Premiere??

PostTue Apr 10, 2018 5:25 pm

UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3 can do this, but Ultrastudio 4K has no UHD to HD hardware downscale, so if software can't do it you are out of luck. You need another box.

Return to Post Production