Max. number of decklinks on a desktop

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Filipe Borges

Max. number of decklinks on a desktop

PostTue Apr 17, 2018 7:11 pm

Hello,

I'm looking to add 3x Decklink 8k Pro (as soon as they ship out) to a single desktop in order to have 10 separate input/sources available. Since it will be a first time working with these "capture cards", are there any incompatibilities on having 3 cards connect to the same desktop? Or has anyone experienced issues with this? (Assuming the computer can handle it)

Andrew Kolakowski

Re: Max. number of decklinks on a desktop

PostTue Apr 17, 2018 9:51 pm

Hard to say. Recent BM drivers should allow for multiple cards in 1 system, but this is not 100% confirmed. There were issue with such a usage in the past. BM cards are not the best for such a cases. You would be way better with AJA or Bluefish444- their SDK is much more polished and features packed.

You either need to ask BM support or best simple try it :)

Xtreemtec

PostWed Apr 18, 2018 12:37 pm

And you choose the 8K version because of 12G?? I guess you need a very tough machine to handle that.. And be sure your motherboard has seperate lanes to all PCI-E slots.. If they share lanes i highly doubt you can get the right troughput..

But i'm following this tread.. Please let us know what hardware you choose and the outcome and stability of that system.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Andrew Kolakowski

PostWed Apr 18, 2018 12:47 pm

8K PRO is gen3 x8 card, so this is nothing that crazy if you need 3x x8 slots. Any bit decent machine can deliver this.

Return to Post Production