Blackmagic Ultrastudio Extreme capable of 4 separate inputs?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

ZachLegleiter

Blackmagic Ultrastudio Extreme capable of 4 separate inputs?

PostSat Apr 28, 2018 11:38 pm

I have a few questions concerning the Blackmagic Ultrastudio Extreme (not extreme 3, I found a ultrastudio extreme used from a local company, and I am looking to purchase if it meets my requirements)

To make a long story short; I use a product from Blueframe Technology called "Production Truck" on a Mac Mini for live streaming of sporting events. The Software is basically a 4 input switcher, graphics machine, instant replay machine, and live streaming software all in one.

I have been using two cameras (via two Ultrastudio mini recorders) for awhile now and would like to move up to using four cameras. All of my cameras will be running in 1080i59.94.

I am curious; Is the ultrastudio Extreme capable of inputting 4 separate inputs? The software also has a two separate "program" outputs that allows for output to an external recorder or monitor (which I am currently doing via an ultrastudio mini monitor). If this is possible, will I need to use both thunderbolt cables?

I am looking for a solution to be able to input four cameras and output two "program" outputs from the software, with out having to use six different pieces of equipment.

Thoughts?

Xtreemtec

Re: Blackmagic Ultrastudio Extreme capable of 4 separate inp

PostMon Apr 30, 2018 11:01 am

Get an external PCI bay over Thunderbolt and buy a decklink Quad 2. Which gives you 8 independant in/outputs.

The Ultrastudio will only handle 1 channel.. It has more channels but they are for Dual link and 3D. But not for seperated sdi lines. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Post Production