OS X Audio through BMD is bad

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Peter Brewer

OS X Audio through BMD is bad

PostThu May 03, 2018 1:10 am

I'm not sure if its a setting I have wrong but I have an Ultrastudio thunderbolt into my iMax. If I play audio in media Composer, Premiere, Resolve, it sounds fine (except pro Tools). If I play audio from a browser eg. youtube, itunes its really bad. Like its cutting in and out a few times a second. Even the notification sounds like Apple mail do the same thing.

Any ideas?

Witold Oleksiak

Re: OS X Audio through BMD is bad

PostTue Jun 12, 2018 7:51 am

Hello,
We have the same issue on Ultrastudio with all recent drivers (10.9.12, 10.10). Only old version 10.9.5 works fine.
The cutting in/out of sound is present with any application audio output, including Final Cut Pro X.
I think it is time to file a bug report.

Peter Brewer

PostTue Jun 12, 2018 4:46 pm

I was told by BM support that the drivers arent designed to work with the OSX system. Only the apps that it lists, AVID, Resolve, Premiere etc. Since I've set the system to play through the internal speakers I haven't had an issue. pity though because if you want to watch an online video you can't listen to it through good speakers!

Eric Santiago

PostTue Jun 12, 2018 9:13 pm

For a long time, I've had issues with the UltraStudio 4K using XLRs into a Behringer Xenyx 1202 in stereo.
I got lazy and started using the Line Out on the Mac do avoid this.
The audio is horrible and distorted.
I have tried so many different updates and I gave up at High Sierra and Desktop Video 10.10.
Has anyone experienced this issue?

Return to Post Production