does a super-smooth workflow exist?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Rick van den Berg

does a super-smooth workflow exist?

PostThu May 03, 2018 8:29 am

got my pc workstation (strongbox) for about a year now, spent 8/9 grand on it. not to mention the network server. and the system is fast. but....

it still crashes every day multiple times. at the most simple things. my main job is editing/compositing and i know the pc has to do some heavy calculations. the causes can vary from hardware to software and you can never really tell exactly.

for example, i just updated premiere. but this ''update'' caused serveral bugs to pop up. this happens almost every time i update software. but before the update, i had alot of problems with importing footage (which seems to be solved now) every software developer claims to have a perfect work-environment. in theory. Also with blackmagic software, avid, nuke i got the same (slightly less) problems.

yesterday i was trying to save my project in cinema4d, it crashed, and suddenly the project was completely screwed up in all sorts of ways. lost alot of work, not for the first time.

im not trying to mock or complain on someone specific here. but i mean, its 2018. planes can fly themselfs, but when i change a saturation-parameter my system crashes.

Are people in hollywood experiencing this the same? like, ''we had to delay the premiere of the movie because of software-bugs''? or is it just alot of bad luck? just curious.

im still a happy man though :)

Andrew Kolakowski

Re: does a super-smooth workflow exist?

PostThu May 03, 2018 9:29 am

Yes, this is fairly normal :) Apps are complex today, rushed due to demand for the new features, so there are always bugs.

Return to Post Production