Ultra studio 4k

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

madhusudanshi

Ultra studio 4k

PostSat May 05, 2018 6:11 pm

I do DI on Da vinci resolve studio 14, I have a Mac Pro 6 core Cylinder with 32 GB Ram, 6 GB AMD dual fire pro Graphics, My working monitor is a Dell 27 inch UHD and a Samsung HD for waveform, A JVC 4k Projector (HDMI) and a HD TV logic (SDI) connected through Ultra studio Mini Monitor

I have been doing color correction with Raw footage from Arri Alexa (3k), RED Dragon (5k/6k) etc with project duration of 2 hours, the computer never given any trouble except heating up

Recently I am doing a project shot by Canon C300/ 4k footage, but the computer is hanging up every 30/35 minutes of work, I need to restart the computer to resume the color correction. The Mac pro hard ware had been tested ok by the Apple service centre. I did some R&D and realised that if I deactivate the mini monitor in the Da Vinci preference menu (by loosing the JVC projector and TV logic monitor), the computer runs without interruption

So I am thinking of replacing the mini monitor with a Ultra studio 4k

Will this problem be solved with a Ultra studio 4k for connecting the projector and TV monitor

I will be thankful if somebody helps me in this respect since I need to buy the Ultra studio 4k

Thanks

madhusudanshi

Re: Ultra studio 4k

PostWed May 09, 2018 9:10 am

I am using a Da Vinci Mini Panel for CC (in addition to above post)

Can I go for a Ultra studio Mini at half cost instead of Ultra studio 4k, will Ultra studio Mini support 4k workflow in Resolve as a capture and play back (in preference menu) for monitoring on a Projector and a Broadcast TV Monitor via HDMI and SDI connector

Please share experience, Thanks

Return to Post Production