Extended Desktop using Intensity Pro 4K?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

cevisuals

Extended Desktop using Intensity Pro 4K?

PostSat May 05, 2018 8:13 pm

Forgive me in advance for this question as I'm new to all things Blackmagic for post production having come from using Premiere Pro CS6 and Vegas Pro.

In each of those NLE's one could monitor full screen the timeline playback of video via the second DVI port on my graphics card. Given that Resolve 14 free doesn't provide second monitor option - my only thought was getting the PCIe Intensity Pro 4K card for previewing full screen on a second monitor while editing in Resolve 14 free. I can't seem to find any information as to whether the card will also allow for having an extended desktop across two monitors using Windows 10 for other applications in general - can anyone shed some light on if this is possible with the Intensity Pro 4K card?
Cliff Etzel
Pushing the envelope exploring the use of mobile devices for still and video storytelling.
www.cevisuals.com

Mark Grgurev

Re: Extended Desktop using Intensity Pro 4K?

PostMon May 07, 2018 8:42 pm

It can't be used to extend your desktop because it doesn't show it's self as a monitor output but it can be used to show playback on an external monitor.

cevisuals

Re: Extended Desktop using Intensity Pro 4K?

PostMon May 07, 2018 10:02 pm

Mark Grgurev wrote:It can't be used to extend your desktop because it doesn't show it's self as a monitor output but it can be used to show playback on an external monitor.

Thank you for clarifying @Mark
Cliff Etzel
Pushing the envelope exploring the use of mobile devices for still and video storytelling.
www.cevisuals.com

Return to Post Production