Updated my Intensity Pro 4K now crashing Premiere Pro

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Taylor Higgins

Updated my Intensity Pro 4K now crashing Premiere Pro

PostThu May 10, 2018 4:44 pm

The blackmagic updater popped up this morning, I updated and now when I open premiere, not only does it not detect the device, but it freezes when I go into the playback settings. I am running High Sierra OS on a mac. Everything was working fine before I updated. I will probably roll it back for now but still, what is going on?

Taylor Higgins

Re: Updated my Intensity Pro 4K now crashing Premiere Pro

PostThu May 10, 2018 4:51 pm

I think I have found the issue. The updater that popped up thought I had the Decklink SDI 4K and now when I open Blackmagic Desktop Video, it shows me Decklink SDI 4k. This is a bug and should be fixed. I will now manually go find the appropriate update for the Intensity Pro 4K.

Taylor Higgins

Re: Updated my Intensity Pro 4K now crashing Premiere Pro

PostThu May 10, 2018 6:00 pm

This did not fix the problem. Now since the update, I have restored my time machine backup of yesterday's perfectly working software to no avail. It seems this is how you find out a BMD Intensity Pro has died. I will check a different PCIE lane but this will be the second BMD Intensity Pro that would have died at exactly the same time as the last one according to my order history–a year and a half. Sound familiar?

Return to Post Production