Feature Request - Desktop Video

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

wireless112

Feature Request - Desktop Video

PostThu May 17, 2018 2:44 am

I tried searching for something similar already mentioned but couldn't locate it.

With the user base expansion under way of Resolve, I got to believe there are more out there like me who kind of do it all and not full time. Our workstations are made of purely PC Monitors.

If we choose to use resolve, then we have to have a dedicated monitor just for it and nothing else which I've come to accept.

Now to the request - for those of us who do not have an IR remote for our monitors, how about adding an option to kill the signal output entirely when not in use so that the monitor will go into standby mode on it's own. Even LED backlights will fail or discolor after time. I can understand this feature not being desired at all in a full time editing studio, but for me I'll deal with the short wake up time to save from having to remember that my monitor that looks like it's off really isn't.

I did come across a similar request from a few years back, even putting something on screen will be better than black. There are times I sit at my workstation and do not even open an NLE so the "last frame viewed" option or freeze frame isn't all that valid in my scenario.
Jeremy Johnson

System Build -
Gigabyte Designare EX
Threadripper 1950X
64 GB of DDR4 3600
1 - 3080 ti - Studio 551.61
1- Intensity Pro 4K - Driver 12.8.1
1 - Win 10 Pro for WS - Version 22H2 - Build 19045.2846
Resolve Studio 18.6.5 Build 7

Return to Post Production