UltraStudio 4K Extreme HLG HDMI support?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

chrisjohannesen

UltraStudio 4K Extreme HLG HDMI support?

PostWed May 23, 2018 7:01 pm

Hi -

I started a thread in the Davinci forum about using a consumer HDR display with HDMI for HLG: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=74226

I am using Desktop Video 10.10 with a UltraStudio 4K Extreme and when I output Rec.2100 HLG UHD from Resolve to a Vizio P Series display, the display detects a HDR-10 signal from the HDMI. I'm curious if there are plans to update the UltraStudio 4K Extreme so that when Resolve is outputting HLG, the display knows what color space is being sent. There is no way to override the display color space as it can only be configured based on the HDMI metadata being sent to the consumer monitor.

Thanks,
Chris

Andrew Kolakowski

Re: UltraStudio 4K Extreme HLG HDMI support?

PostWed May 23, 2018 7:20 pm

Write to BM support although they probably won't comment on future plans.
If you really need it now you have to buy one of the HDFury boxes (https://www.hdfury.com) and add it to the signal chain. Then you can force signal to be flagged as HLG.

chrisjohannesen

PostWed May 23, 2018 7:27 pm

Ok, thanks for the advice. I'll look into the HDFury device & reach out to BM Support directly.

Jerry Hatfield

PostMon Jun 11, 2018 12:34 pm

The Integra should do the job.

However, I would hope that BM is working on firmware updates for the entire line of I/O products.
This was well known prior to NAB 2018 and hopefully will be updated by IBC 2018.

Return to Post Production