Decklink Mini Monitor 4K Not working with Adobe CC

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

legi008

Decklink Mini Monitor 4K Not working with Adobe CC

PostFri Jun 01, 2018 9:51 am

Hello,

I want to use my Shogun Inferno as a Preview Monitor for my editing and compositing work.
The fact is i can't get to display an image with the Decklink Mini Monitor 4K. I tried the setups list below:

- Shogun pluged in into the graphic card via HDMI-> Working but list as a third monitor (Not good because mouse roll over, windows open on this monitor, monitor blink when i power off the Shogun...)
- Shogun pluged into Decklink Mini Monitor 4K -> Working with DaVinci Resolve but not with Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014 and After Effects CC 2014. I can see the "BlackMagic Playback" in Preference - Video Preview. It's checked but nothing is displayed on the Shogun

My computer specs:
Windows 7 Pro
I7 3930k - 64 GB
Nvidia GTX 980

Does anybody have an answer ?

Thank you

legi008

Re: Decklink Mini Monitor 4K Not working with Adobe CC

PostFri Jun 01, 2018 9:59 am

Ok i managed to get it working with After Effects, but not with Premiere Pro.
EDIT: It works in Premiere. I had to setup, inside Premiere, the Playback parameter of the Blackmagic Device to "Scale Up" the ouput. Because my timeline was in 720p and not 1080p.

In the Blackmagic Desktop Video Setup, i had to change the SDI Output "Color Space" to "Video is converted to Y, Cb, Cr 4:2:2.

Can anybody explain the difference between "Video is converted to RGB 4:4:4:4 and the relation with After Effects ? i'm just curious.

Still looking to get it working for both.

Than you

mrvaupel

Re: Decklink Mini Monitor 4K Not working with Adobe CC

PostSun Jul 01, 2018 4:30 pm

I just installed my Mini-Monitor 4k. I ran into the same issue with Premiere (Upscaling to get from 720p - 1080p).

Just curious ... does the output to your external monitor have noise? I'm looking at color bars, and my lower colors (blue & purple) have banding in them.

I played back a commercial and the graphics had aliasing around them as well.

I'm sure it's a simple setting I need to configure. Thought I'd start here instead of reading pages and pages of posts.

Thanks for your help.

Return to Post Production