Media Express blackscreen

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

miguelsoll

Media Express blackscreen

PostFri Jun 15, 2018 12:52 pm

Hello!

I'm having a problem when trying to record my tv using BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle and Media Express.

Here's the issue:

I'm post producing a short film, and we have one entire scene shot with and old VHS C camcorder. I'd tried to capture it using the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle by the composite entry, but even though I can get an image and record it using Media Express, I get so many dropped frames that the footage is completely unusable. At first I thought it was a problem with the tape, but I checked it and it is neat (is a new tape that I bought some weeks ago, never used before), and when I play it on my tv the image is perfect. The same happens when I play it directly on the camera. So I thought I could try to play it on my tv and to capture it directly.

I connected the camera on my tv using the composite AV entry, and then connected my tv on the Intensity Shutlle using a HDMI cable on the INPUT entry. Then I connected the Intensity Shuttle on my computer using the USB 3.0 cable.

I changed the video input to HDMI but I get a blackscreen on Media Express. I'd already tried to change the video format for all the options availables but I still get nothing.

Does anyone know how can I make it work?

Thank you!
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2018-06-15 à 14.45.24.png
my machine info
Capture d’écran 2018-06-15 à 14.45.24.png (303.51 KiB) Viewed 651 times

joaocepa

Re: Media Express blackscreen

PostMon Jul 09, 2018 10:37 pm

miguelsoll wrote:Hello!

I'm having a problem when trying to record my tv using BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle and Media Express.

Here's the issue:

I'm post producing a short film, and we have one entire scene shot with and old VHS C camcorder. I'd tried to capture it using the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle by the composite entry, but even though I can get an image and record it using Media Express, I get so many dropped frames that the footage is completely unusable. At first I thought it was a problem with the tape, but I checked it and it is neat (is a new tape that I bought some weeks ago, never used before), and when I play it on my tv the image is perfect. The same happens when I play it directly on the camera. So I thought I could try to play it on my tv and to capture it directly.

I connected the camera on my tv using the composite AV entry, and then connected my tv on the Intensity Shutlle using a HDMI cable on the INPUT entry. Then I connected the Intensity Shuttle on my computer using the USB 3.0 cable.

I changed the video input to HDMI but I get a blackscreen on Media Express. I'd already tried to change the video format for all the options availables but I still get nothing.

Does anyone know how can I make it work?

Thank you!

Boa noite
estou com o mesmo problema, desde final do mês de Maio.
Todas as outras portas funcionam, mas a hdmi não.
quem nos pode ajudar?

Return to Post Production