Ultrastudio 4k not outputting from Avid

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

NSProEdit

Ultrastudio 4k not outputting from Avid

PostTue Jun 26, 2018 5:40 am

Hey there,

I recently just got a new iMac Pro, and am using the newest version of Avid, 2018.5. I am trying to have video playback through my Ultrastudio 4k box to a 32" HD Boland monitor through a thunderbolt 2 connection to my computer, and an SDI to the Boland. But whenever I try to playback in Avid, nothing comes through. Playback works fine in my other video editing softwares, like Premiere and DaVinci.

I think it had something to do with how the signal is being outputted from Avid, because when I pull up video output settings in avid, it says 1080p 23.98 3D from the box through the SDI. I have a similar setup for another edit bay of mine, and the desktop video application doesn't say 3D, and plays avid back fine.

I've gone through the setting on both Avid and the desktop video application, and can't find anything to change that. I know its not a desktop video issue either, because I un-installed and re-installed the desktop video application for the ultra studio box. Does anyone have any ideas? Trying to have it ready by tomorrow morning for client viewing.

Return to Post Production