Multiple FCPX XMLs to Resolve 14

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Max Schirlo

Multiple FCPX XMLs to Resolve 14

PostThu Jul 05, 2018 10:08 pm

Hi All,

I'm currently the AE on a doc and I'm in the process of moving our project over to Resolve 14. After a slew of issues I finally have everything coming over mostly correct. I am however running into two problems and was wondering if anybody on here has experienced these problems and maybe has a work around or quick fix.

We have the film broken up into five reels so I have exported five different XMLs, which I am trying to bring into Resolve. I started by creating a Resolve project and importing all of the source footage into the media pool then imported the first XML. After importing the first XML with no major issues(except for the fact that some audio and video has been replace with the incorrect media, which is my second problem) I'm trying to bring in the other 4 XMLs. When I do this, the media that the reels reference is seemingly duplicated and just dumped into the master bin in the media pool. Not sure why its creating new media in the media pool!

Any help or suggestions would be very helpful!

Cheers,
Max

jordan spalding

Re: Multiple FCPX XMLs to Resolve 14

PostTue Jul 17, 2018 8:10 pm

I had this exact same problem! I ended up splitting between multiple projects (kind of a pain quitting, restarting resolve and opening the other project) so it didn't overlap the footage. Something's weird about XMLs, even with EDLs I had the same problem. The other thing you can do is export the entire timeline as a single export in some lossless prores 4444 and then export an EDL and that will break up the single clip so you can color it. Better to have it as a singular timeline to start with than 5 separate chunks.

Peter Cave

Re: Multiple FCPX XMLs to Resolve 14

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 6:39 am

Perhaps you did not deselect the "Automatically import source clips" option? This could import multiple copies.

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 4.38.14 pm.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 4.38.14 pm.png (113.89 KiB) Viewed 552 times
Resolve 18.6.5 Mac OSX 14.4 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

Return to Post Production